Can most Americans drive a manual?

I kno u can't haha

Maybe....................

IMO, and from what I know only Americans older than 55 can easily drive a manual. I have taught all 5 of my grandchildren how to drive a manual but not a 3 on the tree because I could not find on to teach them in.

• JetDoc

Nope. The majority of licensed drivers in the United States have never driven a car with a manual transmission.

• Scott

I can, so can my wife and kids, but there aren't many cars made with manual transmissions anymore.

• bo

no. gave up trying to teach my wife she just doesn't get it

• Jay P

When I was a teenager and going for my lic., I was the only one in my class that signed up for a standard transmission course.

These days, very few driving schools even offer a manual transmission course option and this shows in the new car sales with manual transmission. In the US, that percentage rate is below 4% and it's falling. So while there would certainly can be a few people that can/have driven a stick in the past but just choose not to today, the number of American that can operate a standard is definitely in the minority.

No they cannot. The don't have the hand eye co-ordination

• M.

You forgot one.
      Hand-eye-brain! Lol.

My wife has an aid that comes in and does what a aid does and has just married a young man and never driven a standard and just bought for $600 a Neon and while waiting on a part to get it running good been driving his work truck getting use to driving a standard and has a hard problem getting tit rolling without killing it by bringing to clutch out to fast...but the last time she came by she was doing a lot better.....so from my view the new generation don't but the older generation I say can.....

• Magmalad

Answer just thanks for

No, most never drove a manual.