Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

I'm a American christian conservative with jewish heritage,yet I am ashamed of my jewish heritage so I just call myself white.is this normal?

I changed my last name from stein to smith

I dislike all the yamakas the bar mitzvah crap that I see with jews. it looks so lame and dorky. I don't want anything to do with it.

also the Hebrew language sounds silly and foreign to me

For you perhaps, but you probably have not done anything to be ashamed.

• John

As shown when Jesus had a chance to be king and when he was about to die, Jesus had nothing to do with Earthly governments (Matthew 4:8-10; John 6:15; John 18:36). And, since to be Christian means to be Christ-like, there is no such thing as either an American Christian nor a conservative Christian.

You don't seem to know enough about your heritage to be ashamed of it. More likely, you're just embarrassed by it. Jewish and Muslim believers in particular get great comfort from their age-old traditions and rituals. You should learn to respect that. It costs you nothing and will make you less defensive.

No its not normal.....alot of jews vote liberal for some stupid reason.

• Chris6 months agoReport

@ abcdef: The Canadian Conservative party is considerably to the left of the American Conservatives. We often support Israel -- just not always their leaders. Most Canadians don't subscribe to a life-long adherence to any party. -- Which is 1 reason our Canadian politics is much more fun.

Palestinians have Jewish heritage. Before Mohammad the people in that part of the world were mostly Christians and Jews.

Judaism is a religion not a race.

There really is no genetic basis for calling any of the people of Europe , the Middle East, Iran or India different races. All of these people descended from a group that left Africa about 80,000 years ago.

Europe was populated first by hunter gatherers then by waves of invasions after the invention of agriculture, then iron, then bronze.

All these populations have been mixed during times of empires, migration, and wars.

Arabs are dark, so are many Italians and Greeks. You could easily mistake people in Greece for Iranian and mistake Iranians for people from India.

I think a lot of people are ashamed of part of their heritage and just never speak about it. Right or wrong it is normal. I personally can’t think of any reason you should be ashamed of any part of your heritage, but that’s just me.

original jews looked nothing like Natalie Portman or Zac Efron or Jake Gyllenhaal lmao.

No. You are not white and can never be white. You are a jEW. NOT a gentile(non Jew)

Of course a jEW would do something like this. But real whites know you are not a white person.

youre not white youre a jew

Jesus was Jewish descent

• Rob

oooh they don't like that