Brightness on laptop isn't always accurate?

I have a Windows 10 Toshiba that is about 3 years old. I like my laptop on full brightness, but sometimes it randomly goes dim. It's not because of lack of sufficient power, it will just suddenly not be as bright. Usually if I toggle the brightness keys back and forth a few times the computer realizes that... show more I have a Windows 10 Toshiba that is about 3 years old. I like my laptop on full brightness, but sometimes it randomly goes dim. It's not because of lack of sufficient power, it will just suddenly not be as bright. Usually if I toggle the brightness keys back and forth a few times the computer realizes that it's not doing what it's supposed to and the full brightness comes back. But other times I can't seem to get it to register that it's not on the proper brightness level. Pressing the brightness keys DOES always alter the brightness, it's not that it won't change at all, it's like it doesn't realize that it's not displaying the right level of brightness. Any idea why this happens or how to fix it?
1 answer 1