Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 7 months ago

NIP for mobile phone but wrong time?

I’ve received a Notice of Intended Prosecution for the first time for using a mobile phone whilst driving. The time seems wrong as it says 00:00hrs and I was very certainly at home on the time and date specified.

I did pass that location but this was around 6:30pm and I was most likely was texting but not holding the phone to my ear.

If their NIP says 00:00hrs without an exact time, and they DID NOT provide a photo evidence with a time stamp on it, are they able to prosecute me?

I’ve received the S172 request.

Do I respond that I was the driver at the time of the alleged offence? Or can I say that I was not the driver at the time of the alleged offence?

It says to fill it Part 1 or Part 2 or Part 3 only. If I fill in Part 2 and attach my appeal saying I was not driving the vehicle at the time specified. Will this be sufficient enough? Or will they have to identify the driver first?

You just CONFESSED to the charge. What you perceive as a defect in the citation isn't relevant.