Lia asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 6 months ago

Are medical staff allowed to refuse treatment or surgery to someone based on their tattoos?

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile now of the anti-possession symbol Sam and Dean have tattooed in Supernatural, but my friend is convinced that someone will mistake the design for something cult related and refuse to treat me if I ever need surgery or to be in the hospital. Is it true that medical staff can refuse to treat you based on tattoos you may have?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The main part of it is a pentacle, which has been used for thousands of years, so it isnt related purely to the programme. It isnt a cult or evil symbol either.

Medical staff would not refuse to treat you. Remember they receive ALL sorts of people, people they know have committed AWFUL crimes, the police bring them in. They treat everyone, they took an oath

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

What utter bullsh*te. If you believe this, you maybe too young for a tattoo.

No one can refuse to help a life based on tattoos. Can't imagine that would be acceptable in their oath. 'I swear to help anyone that's in need to help - unless they have tattoos, they can go away and die in a corner'

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No they cannot. But are you sure you want a tattoo that will be from a show that is gone in a few years and no one will know what it is? Don't forget it will still be on you when your 70 and tv today will be from the olden days and laughed at.

• ♠ Merlin ♠
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

The pentacle was used before a religious cross, it isnt a new symbol, merely used by a tv show. Why would it be laughed at? Only by someone with no knowledge, and that isnt an insult

• 6 months ago

They have to operate on you if it will save your life and it’s safe for them. Let’s assume that you have a unique ink color that’s made by only 1 company and it’s been known to explode if it interacts with a certain numbing agent. In that case, they can refuse service if they don’t have an alternate numbing agent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.