Hi! I live in Canada I would like to send a painted egg shell to my friend. How can I send this without customs taking it out of the box?

Hi! I live in Canada and I know this will sound strange but I would like to send a painted egg shell as a craft project. (I know it's not Easter.) How can I send this to US without customs taking it out of the box?

Favorite Answer

The best thing to do is put the egg in something to keep it from breaking, make sure your packaging isn’t suspicious looking.. maybe put it in a box with bubble wrap or a box that just fits the egg perfect inside the shipping box. If you are sending internationally a lot of times you’ll be asked to label what’s inside on the packaging so you should label it as an “art egg” and beside it write “painted egg”

The reason you want to do this is that it lets the customs office know that it could be an expensive art piece and if they break it they’d have to pay for it.. take photos before you send so you have images of the condition.. if it does get damaged you can start a claim about it.. there should be no issues, good luck!