Can you help me identify this bug?

There are a ton of these bugs that have infested my rabbit’s enclosure and I can’t get rid of them. They seem to be breeding like crazy! They are small, but not as small as a flea. Closer to the size of a tick, maybe smaller, but definitely not ticks. They’re small enough I couldn’t get a good picture. They are... show more There are a ton of these bugs that have infested my rabbit’s enclosure and I can’t get rid of them. They seem to be breeding like crazy! They are small, but not as small as a flea. Closer to the size of a tick, maybe smaller, but definitely not ticks. They’re small enough I couldn’t get a good picture. They are black, and they might have wings. I can’t tell for sure. They seem to be jumping more rather than flying. They started gathering around my rabbits’ water bowl. I tried sterilizing the bowl and the area around it and killing as many of them as I could find, but they survived and now there are hundreds all in that one area. I’m in the southeast, USA. I tried using bug identification services online but can’t find a match. Any clue what they could be or how to get rid of them?
2 answers 2