My iPhone says it's charging when it's not. I did try a different charger and it charges fine.Can anyone help me fix this specific charger?

Favorite Answer

Apple created an iOS update that disables chargers that are not made by them, if it is not an Apple certified charger than that’s what happens and there isn’t a way to fix it unfortunately.. they also disabled older iPhone charger models so if the charger is certified by Apple but not brand new then you’ll need to buy another one.. it’s a horrible scam I know, that’s why I switched to android.. this and the removal of the headphone jack was the last straw for me

• john6 months agoReport

My charger is certified by Apple, how would I know if this charger is an older model?

Check out this website

Buy a new charger or charge the phone from a USB port. I never use the Apple charger. I always charge from a USB port.

• SRΛSC

The 'damaged' charger may not be able to be fixed and/or may not be worth fixing vs replacing it.