Dr. Jon Stevens asked in PetsCats · 7 months ago

Will filtering salt water through a coffee filter make my cats drinking water safer to consume?

My cat Wallace is my most precious thing in the world. I live near the ocean which means I always have a source of fresh water, this "off the grid" lifestyle I chose means even my animals need to have the same diet as me.

I noticed my cat has been vomiting regularly and meows at the window whenever it rains. I think the salt water may have something to do with it, but i've been filtering it through a coffee filter every time so it just doesn't make sense.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Try distilling the water.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Troll cats thrive on salt water.

• 7 months ago

Um a ******* coffee filter is NOT going to take the salt out. Buy some water at the store.

• J C
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I will say this is one of the more interesting troll questions. You can tell that school is out for the summer! And note that if you are "living off the grid" you wouldn't have a coffeemaker and filters, LOL!

• Lee7 months agoReport

Good point J C.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • marty
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Salt is a soluble solid in water and therefore it cannot be removed from drinking water by using filters.

To remove salt from water,the water has to be evaporated out of the solution and condensed back into water into another container leaving the salt at the base of the container which is heated to crystallize and cooled.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Troll alert! Troll alert! Troll alert!

• 7 months ago

You can't make saltwater potable by running it thru a paper filter troll! I call you that because no one can possibly be that stupid!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.