What is the song " without me" actually about?

I'm talking about halsey ft juice wrld. I thought halsey talks about an ex that dumped her, juice wrld says he wants his ex back. The lyrics are a little bit mixed and dont really line up. Friend of mine says the whole song is just about getting over life issues. Any insight would be appreciated.

99.99% of top 40 or pop singers do not write their own songs. They buy songs from writers who pump lyrics out like a factory. The writer may have some idea about the meaning, but most likely, anything too personally meaningful isn’t going to show up in lyrics they sell.

Most often, true meaning is sacrificed for the sake of the rhyme and fluid vocal harmony. The exact words you want to use rarely rhyme and phrases rarely have the exact number of syllables to flow with the rest of the lyrics. It doesn’t even have to make sense if sounds good when singing it.

It was about her meeting her boyfriend when he was an outcast nobody who didnt have a social life until he met her. He got popular and wealthy from her support and then he pushes her away after he got his life together when she was the reason why his life changed for the better