what are some wizard jobs?

what are some of the jobs that wizards have? thanks!

I would love to employ one to clean my windows and wash my dishes.

I'm OK with the ironing and bed-making.

• Marli

Not knowing any professed wizards, I don't know.

Wizards in the past were philosophers (because they searched for the philosophers' stone), scientists (particularly alchemists and astronomers.), advisors to kings and other powerful or want-to-be-powerful people, and shamans/healers. They were supposed to know many esoteric and secret arts, so magic would be in their portfolios too.

• chorle

It depends on your world, in our world they were scientists, healers, and advisers to governments but not to anyone's knowledge actually wizards.

Warriors, generals, healers, Kings of Xanth, mobsters or policemen Skeeve in the Myth Series was sort of both at the same time.

• Andrew

If I were a wizard I wouldn't bother with having a job. Why in the world would I need one? If I were in possession of magical powers and abilities, I certainly wouldn't be punching a clock every day. Would you? If you could snap your fingers and anything you wished would immediately materialise, why would you need money? And considering the fact that wizards can accomplish tasks without having to actually perform them, there'd be no sense in toiling away at anything. If you had ten trillion dollars would you take up a profession? A wizard could conjure up ten trillion dollars countless times per day. If I could do that you wouldn't find me driving a bus or delivering letters, that's for sure.

• Cogito

If you're making up a story about wizards, it's up to you to make up their occupations.

That's what writers do.

Do some research on wizards and discover for yourself.

• Its clandestine to think of mere mortal human's as wizards, but it is possible. I would say, the greatest potential for wizardly-ness is in psychology, philosophy, religion, and alternative science. One should ask themselves, "What can I master." Mastery is close to wizardly.

Unknowing>Awareness>Competence>Expertise>Mastery.

• bluebellbkk

'Clandestine'? What do you mean? Not that, for sure.

• Henry

There's no such thing as a wizard unless they have Satanic power. Pray to Jesus and get saved.

• Joe

Relax, Homer. This is just playtime in here.

• Mog

Working at the Renaissance Fair