What are my options for a green burial?

If I had it my way, I'd be buried with a shroud in an unmarked grave somewhere in the woods. I don't want the location to be known to anyone but whoever buries me, and I don't want there to be any indication that I'm there (no headstone, no marking, etc). Is this possible or legal to have done?

Should be. Sounds like in uk

Yes, it is, (in UK anyway). An official record of your death is a legal must but that just remains an actual recording of your passing, and not where you are laid to rest. Personally I think that, if you feel this way, it's a bit self indulgent to want to be 'buried in woods.'. There are 'green' companies who do this, but the quickest and simplest thing is to be burned to ash in cremation and just toss your ashes to the 4 winds. Any good funeral director will arrange this for you.

• Tina

Cremation caused pollution. Green burials just give the body back to the earth, and if that's what s/he fancies why not?

• R K

there are cemeteries that offer green burials, but what you ask is not possible.

in many countries that WOULD be illegal, yes ........................ Just like burying your parents in YOUR backyard would be.