Any advice you a two year old going through sleep regression?

My little one is usually a wonderful sleeper. She never gives us any trouble until now. A few nights ago she woke up screaming at 2:30 am and we didn't get her back to sleep until 4:45. Now she does not go to sleep at all. We do bedtime routine and I say it's time for bed. She walks herself to her room and... show more My little one is usually a wonderful sleeper. She never gives us any trouble until now. A few nights ago she woke up screaming at 2:30 am and we didn't get her back to sleep until 4:45.

Now she does not go to sleep at all. We do bedtime routine and I say it's time for bed. She walks herself to her room and I put her in her crib, lay her down, and say goodnight. The moment I walk out of the room she is screaming and melting down. She throws her blanket and sleepy toy and just screams.

My husband is a firm believer that we just let her cry herself to sleep. But after an hour I usually can't take it anymore and go get her.

Can someone offer some advice? All the articles I've read love to tell me why this is happening, talk about power struggles, and what kind of bedtime routine I should use but not a single one says what to do when that routine doesn't f-ing work!
Stressed out and sleepy mommy could really use some advice. Thanks.