Why did I lose reading interest?

Since last year around May I actually lost the interest in reading.. one of my family members actually traveled to Miami and brought me 4 books. The Glass Castle.

Wonder... Looking for Alaska. And one with the name. Noyud tengo 10 ajos y estoy divorciada... And haven't read nothing almost. I used to read a lot back in 2017. Now nothing almost..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I don't know you. Only you know yourself and your past experiences. I guess that you found other interests, and that they have become more interesting than your book. Perhaps you went through a crisis, or you have distracting problems now. Or you may have fallen out of love with the type of books you read before 2017.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You're a screen addict, only capable of reading an occasional paragraph.

• 6 months ago

I got banned from Facebook for a month and had returned to books and YA. Got plenty of time now. Feels good too.

• I have the same problem, but I pretty much know what caused it. I am completely distracted by politics and all I have been able to read since 2016 is news. And I don't enjoy it at all - I'm just obsessed and upset and consumed by it all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Do you play online games? That can rewire one's reading interest to games.

Otherwise, no idea.

Suggest you dedicate the last 15 minutes of your day to reading in bed, and choose an easy or interesting book.

You might like:

Paper Towns;

When You Reach Me;

In a Sunburned Country;

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive;

Chicken Soup for the Romantic Soul;

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit;

The Great Divorce;

For Couples Only;

The Yoga of Nutrition;

Finding a Higher Love.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.