Anyone else ever wondered what could possibly be in those uncivilized slave books during book burning times?

And what would people of those times bring with them into bondage? Religious books maybe?

Why was/is voudon so demonized throughout all western societies? Its nothing like it projected in movies, westernized books, folklore.......

West Africa was once known as the Slave Coast, because it was at the center of the transatlantic slave trade for centuries. African slaves brought voodoo with them to plantations in Brazil, Haiti, Cuba and Louisiana. But 400 years later, the religion still remains a central part of spiritual life for millions living in West Africa.

"Voodoo is older than the world," says Janvier Houlonon, a tour guide in Benin and a lifelong voodoo practitioner. "They say that voodoo is like the marks or the lines which are in our hands -- we born with them. Voodoo are in the leaves, in the earth. Voodoo is everywhere."

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Slave books? The tradition of voodoo is not written. In its earliest form it was passed person to person. There was no tradition of reading and writing in Africa at that time. And in fact most of voodoo is still shrouded in mystery and shared mostly by word of mouth.

• Jerome
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

And you know this how?

It was written? By who?

AFTER books were burnt.

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

• 5 months ago

Yes, yes. I could've wondered very much.. religious books yeah sure, why not ?

• Jerome
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

The consistency, frequency, and sameness speaks LOUDLY to me.........

Patterns

• It's of Satan, God's enemy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.