Are my stretched ears infected?

I stretched my ears from 12g to 10g a week or so ago, they stopped hurting but after awhile pus started to come out of it. It isn t swollen nor does it hurt at all. Once in awhile ill get crust around it but thats it. It doesnt look infected at all. Im so confused

• Laura

It should never hurt to size up. This is a sign that you are stretching your piercings too quickly, or improperly.

You need to downsize. Ideally you should wear stainless steel, but if you have a nickle allergy you should get glass. With good quality jewelry in a 12g, your ears should heal. You can help them heal by doing sea sat soaks like you would with any irritated or infected piercing.

You should not need lube or anything to size up, the ear should be ready to accept the new jewelry. If it hurts, stop. You need to wait a minimum of 6 weeks between each size up, or you are asking for a blowout later on.