Car almost hit me when I turned right on a green light????

I’m just confused as to what happened. My light was green, so I turned my signal on, was in the right lane and everything and turned right onto the street. I’m not sure whether there was a car turning left and they just were stupid and didn’t yield? The cars to the left of me (that would normally be going straight... show more I’m just confused as to what happened. My light was green, so I turned my signal on, was in the right lane and everything and turned right onto the street. I’m not sure whether there was a car turning left and they just were stupid and didn’t yield? The cars to the left of me (that would normally be going straight if the light were red) were all stopped, and from where I was turning, there was a street in front of me (so you can either turn left, go straight or go right at the light). And again, my light was green which is why I made my right turn into the far left lane of the street I turned onto (there were two lanes on the street) and suddenly out of nowhere this car is right behind me blaring it’s horn. I don’t even know how I WOULD have cut someone off given it’s impossible since I was not turning right on red. The light was also not yellow, it was green the entire time I turned, and there was no one behind me when I turned but it would have mattered anyway because I didn’t slam my breaks in the middle of the turn or anything like that. So does anyone know what that other car was doing because I’m honestly just really confused and a little scared because they almost hit the back of my car & I’m still trying to figure out what happened
5 answers 5