Root Canal Details?

I'm having a root canal tommorrow and I'd like to know the details. The last trip was for a filling I believe and the pain was so immense that I violently convulsed for about 20 - 30 minutes during the procedure. I am terrified of what a root canal is going to feel like. Especially since I have it on my... show more I'm having a root canal tommorrow and I'd like to know the details. The last trip was for a filling I believe and the pain was so immense that I violently convulsed for about 20 - 30 minutes during the procedure. I am terrified of what a root canal is going to feel like. Especially since I have it on my lateral incisor which sounds worse than a molar. How bad does it hurt during the procedure? Do they put you to sleep? If not, how conscious are you during it, like remembering the procedure or awareness? I have anxiety and I am extremely terrified of dentist drills.
Update: Edit: On a pain level of 1 - 10 what would be the severity? 1 being a pinch on your arm, 10 being a broken bone. (I have broken my collarbone so I have an idea of it)