Jacob asked in HealthDental · 7 months ago

Root Canal Details?

I'm having a root canal tommorrow and I'd like to know the details. The last trip was for a filling I believe and the pain was so immense that I violently convulsed for about 20 - 30 minutes during the procedure. I am terrified of what a root canal is going to feel like. Especially since I have it on my lateral incisor which sounds worse than a molar. How bad does it hurt during the procedure? Do they put you to sleep? If not, how conscious are you during it, like remembering the procedure or awareness? I have anxiety and I am extremely terrified of dentist drills.

Edit: On a pain level of 1 - 10 what would be the severity? 1 being a pinch on your arm, 10 being a broken bone. (I have broken my collarbone so I have an idea of it)

Favorite Answer

If you were "numbed up" (given local anesthetic) for the filling, there should not have been any pain.

The drilling was completely painless, there was artificial pain since I knew there was a drill and I could still feel it being pushed against my teeth, but it was hardly noticeable. The part where they remove the decayed pulp was extremely painful.

• Kelley

Try asking God in your head to heal your tooth. Try coconut oil pulling. You can also ask a Christian Pastor or Christian Elder to pray for your tooth.

• Jacob7 months agoReport

Sorry, but placebos don't work on me, I wish I never learned about them.