Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 months ago

Would you be offended in this situation?

My boyfriend's family is in town. I met his mom last minute yesterday. Today he tells me they are taking his sister's boat and going on the river. I feel a bit left out that he did not include me, I know that his brother in law always invites me to come with my boyfriend. A tiny back story, I am a single mom with two kids. He knows I have sisters who live here in town that can help with them if need be. He did say once, however, that one of the reasons he does not invite me to family gatherings is because he wants to have just me when we hang out, and later on when we are a more established couple (aka he's had his fill with him-and-me time) he will be more inclined to bring me around. I find this troublesome. Am I wrong to feel this way???

I would say he's not going to keep you for the long haul. If he really loved you, he would entertain the kids too.

If you've been dating him longer than 6 months he should include you. And yes, if he doesn't you should be offended and feel disrespected.

You might want to look for a man who is proud of you, wants you to get to know his family and treats you like a valuable friend and partner.