Ken asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

Soaking my bong bowl piece in rubbing alcohol made the paint turn the liquid purple and when I used a pipe cleaner the paint chipped off lol?

I soaked the bowl part of my bong in rubbing alcohol and the paint came off making the rubbing alcohol turn to a purple color. Then I tried cleaning it with a pipe cleaner and the paint started chipping. Did I do something wrong, or did I purchase a bad bong?

Paint doesn't stick to glass very well, especially when it has been heated to glowing red from time to time causing the paint to expand and contract. You just bought a cheap bong. The glass was painted rather than constructed in color.

Brilliant move.......wonder why they call it dope.

Sounds to me like you purchased a bong that was painted or finished with an alcohol-based finish. Well all I can say is finish cleaning your pipe out with the alcohol and throw away what you've got he can't smoke it the paint will poison you. And if you want to refinish your pipe refinish it with something that doesn't melt with alcohol.