Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Wpuld it be dumb if I bought a 60 dollar game every month?

I work part time. 4 days a week. 4 hours mon-thur, and 7 hours on Friday. My job is seasonal. And is ending on October and starting again in may. Monthly cost averages out at about 400-500 a month. I also make about 100 a month from working at a guys house. My house could use some repairs. I know the roof needs to have a small leak fixed, but that's the only thing I think really needs attention right away. I'm going to replace some drywall around my toilets, as there was a leak, which produced some mold. I'm not sure how much money all the repairs will cost. O have about 6 grand saved and i play a lot of games. And want to buy a 60 dollar games but feel kinda guilty knowing that, thay 60 dollars could have gone to something more important. I dont know. Video games are one of the only things that keep me sane, and I get bored of my games after so long. I really doubt I would end up going broke, but you know....

Every month seems like a lot, why not see if you could get a game streaming subscription To help save on cost. See if some of the games you want are on there and then see if it's worth the cost for you

The dumbest part is that fact you don't go out and get a winter job.

• Nicholas6 months agoReport

That's what I plan on doing, but the thing is I'm not always gaurunteed a job

• Jay

Yes.

Why...because if you put that money in a bank account...at the end of 8 years you could have over $6,000 including interest.

AND

a small roof leak may cost only $500 to fix...but with every rain storm and every wind storm the damage gets worse.

So in a year, you may have to replace the entire roof. That could cost you $15,000.00

Dumb ? - no, it is your money and hobby. Most people would consider it irresponsible and a waste of money - but it is your money. Have you considered trading games with other people ?? DO get your house fixed up before the repair bills get any larger.

• Janet

That would be $720 in a year.

It would be irresponsible, yes, to spend money on that.

And wanting to spend that money means that you are addicted to games. Talk to a therapist and learn how to not depend on games to feel happy.