Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Wpuld it be dumb if I bought a 60 dollar game every month?

I work part time. 4 days a week. 4 hours mon-thur, and 7 hours on Friday. My job is seasonal. And is ending on October and starting again in may. Monthly cost averages out at about 400-500 a month. I also make about 100 a month from working at a guys house. My house could use some repairs. I know the roof needs to have a small leak fixed, but that's the only thing I think really needs attention right away. I'm going to replace some drywall around my toilets, as there was a leak, which produced some mold. I'm not sure how much money all the repairs will cost. O have about 6 grand saved and i play a lot of games. And want to buy a 60 dollar games but feel kinda guilty knowing that, thay 60 dollars could have gone to something more important. I dont know. Video games are one of the only things that keep me sane, and I get bored of my games after so long. I really doubt I would end up going broke, but you know....

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Every month seems like a lot, why not see if you could get a game streaming subscription To help save on cost. See if some of the games you want are on there and then see if it's worth the cost for you

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

The dumbest part is that fact you don't go out and get a winter job.

• Nicholas6 months agoReport

That's what I plan on doing, but the thing is I'm not always gaurunteed a job

• Jay
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Yes.

Why...because if you put that money in a bank account...at the end of 8 years you could have over $6,000 including interest.

AND

a small roof leak may cost only $500 to fix...but with every rain storm and every wind storm the damage gets worse.

So in a year, you may have to replace the entire roof. That could cost you $15,000.00

• 6 months ago

Dumb ? - no, it is your money and hobby. Most people would consider it irresponsible and a waste of money - but it is your money. Have you considered trading games with other people ?? DO get your house fixed up before the repair bills get any larger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That would be $720 in a year.

It would be irresponsible, yes, to spend money on that.

And wanting to spend that money means that you are addicted to games. Talk to a therapist and learn how to not depend on games to feel happy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.