if you hit a padrestion in a private car park while reversing out of space?

I was out of my parking space, as was about to move of I here a thud, somebody is wrong should padrestian give way to moving traffic

I used to drive a bobtail truck in a busy college town. Every time I put it in reverse and the backup alarm started hooting, the bastards would try to go streaming behind me and when I switched to drive, they'd try going around the front of my truck. Even a professor got himself crushed by a backing up water truck with the backup alarm blasting. He was "lost in thought", so said the newspaper. You can't win in a world of stupid idiots. From a parking place everyone else has right of way over you- even the asssholes on the phone who will walk into the side of your car because they demand right of way, and can't be bothered to watch for their own safety. Some of them even get hit by trains. You need to get your insurance in action on your behalf and pray. There are crooks who look for cars backing out or making a turn where the driver is checking the other direction momentarily so they can run up to the blind side, slap the car and lay down pretending to be hit. You need a dashcam. Everyone needs a dashcam.

• mom

when you back out of a parking space, you are suppose to watch out for people walking. sometimes people are so busy walking and talking on their cell phone and not looking. I hope the person did not get hurt real bad

• zipper

No fool! the people walking always have the right of way.

• The Devil

There are situations where pedestrians do not; VC21950 forbids them from forcing traffic to suddenly need to stop to avoid striking them, and limits how they may share paved areas where vehicles are present. Try your "always" on the railroad crossing to prove your point.

The padresion is never at fault. Ever.

• May

A pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way Pork Chop.

Also....You may want to brush up on spelling and grammar

• Neil

You should always, if possible, reverse into a space and drive out, as it is safer (although this does make loading your shopping into the boot trickier).

You are responsible for ensuring the way is clear when you exit a parking space.

• The Devil

That's what I do. That's why I do it. It works.

You are at fault,Sparkles.

YOU are responsible for whoever you hit. Any judge would find you at fault in this, you're supposed to make SURE nobody and nothing is behind you --- another car, a person, a kid, a pet, whatever.

A driver is responsible if his/her car hits anything. You have eyes, you should be watching where you are going particularly when reversing. A person walking behind a parked car is not necessarily aware that the driver is going to move out. The driver puts the car in motion, the driver is responsible.

it never works that way