Casey asked in PetsHorses · 6 months ago

Suggestions for a high quality hunter bridle?

I am currently saving up and would like to purchase a really nice bridle in the somewhat near future. I'd like to get the most bang for my buck, and quality and durability are more important than a name to me, so anything not very well known is fine, too!

I have been happy with older Crosby, older Beval, Edgewood, Courbette, and Stübben in the past. I like an attractive, yet durable bridle that isn't too soft, flappy, and dark brand new (I'm leery of a lot of the French brands due to this) and is similar in quality to the leather found on a lot of older (30+ years old) tack.

I've looked around and have found several brands that I'd like to know more about. Do any of you have experiences with these bridles, and would you recommend them?

Bennett's Hunter Fine Bridles (Jimmy's son)

EquuSport

New Cavalry

Ann K. Hubbard

Exselle (made in same factory as older Crosby stuff)

Country Saddler/Legacy

Horse | Man/Valencia Saddlery

Huntley

Nunn Finer

KL Select Italia

Or should I just stick with an Edgewood?

I like Krump. They are quite affordable and because of that I can get a new one each year or two. They have overstiched nosebands and a classic look.

• Casey6 months agoReport

Krump as in B. T. Crump/Crumpco? I didn't know they were still in business. Or is there a new brand?

These are all excellent manufacturers who do high quality work. They use top grade leather in their products, too- no leather from places like India.

You might consider adding Prestige to your list. That company is best known for saddles, but they also carry an impressive array of bridles and other accessories. I've used Prestige equipment, and it's some of the finest gear I've ever seen.