Was My Teacher A Bully?

Recently I've been having this debate with one of friends about a teacher we had in middle school. I claim that she was a bully while he disagrees with me. She had a reputation for being uptight and strict. I was quiet and shy kid who often daydreamed in class and missed homework assignments. Because of that,... show more Recently I've been having this debate with one of friends about a teacher we had in middle school. I claim that she was a bully while he disagrees with me.

She had a reputation for being uptight and strict. I was quiet and shy kid who often daydreamed in class and missed homework assignments. Because of that, she would sometimes make sarcastic comments at me whenever she saw me talking to friends. She was often harsher with me than other students. Whenever a student missed a homework assignment, she'd take points off their homework grade. For me, I was often given detention or a phone call home.

She once gave us an assignment, in which we had to research a topic and give a 5 minute speech. Since I felt uncomfortable about speaking in front of the class, I didn't want to give the speech and I kept losing points every day I did not give the speech. After a phone call home, she gave me one more chance. The next day, she changed her mind and refused to let me give my speech, despite letting other classmates make up theirs. A few days later, after a vocabulary quiz, she told me that she wasn't going to count my answer on the last question after a few students loudly complained that I was still writing down my answer after she told everyone to put their pencils down.

Would you say she was a bully or not?