Do doctors give free medical advice and medical treatment to their friends and family members??? Do they get discounts on medication?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Have you ever gotten medication before? Didn't you go to the pharmacy to purchase?

They will do things for friends and family, no question about it. Far less now, especially when it comes to prescriptions...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It depends on the treatment required. Some, yes, absolutely. Others, no. No, if it would have to take place in a hospital. If it is the doctor's own clinic, it is much more possible. However, it is often frowned upon. It is still done though. It depends on what is required. Discounts, not likely but they probably get free samples, handed down by the pharmaceutical companies.

Source(s): Physician Spouse.
  • 6 months ago

No discounts on meds, we buy them at the pharmacy too. We generally try not to do too much with friends because it can be very problematic. I have gotten a few free small things at my clinic, like a urine dip, but its me reading it etc.

• 6 months ago

it probably depends on the doctor, everyone is different

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Generally, no. But we have a local dentist who had a son playing soccer with mine. When the opposing goalie got kicked in the face, he took him to his practice, did an xray, and diagnosed him with a broken jaw. This occurred at about 7:30 PM on a Saturday night in 2015.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.