Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 6 months ago

How do i get a better singing voice?

Im a 13 year old girl and i really love theatre and my family wants me to join theatre club next year, and i would love to because i am good at dancing and acting, but i am not too confident with my singing abilities.

I feel like my voice is too scratchy. Is there anything i can do to improve my voice??? I really want to be good at singing but i dont know how to improve

Definitely take lessons. It's true that some of us are born gifted and already knowing how to use their apparatus but the majority - like you and me - need to learn later in life with the help of a proper educator. Don't worry, it's an amazing experience and you'll learn so much.

Take voice lessons from a qualified vocal coach.

• RockIt

Yes, you need to take lessons, even a few basic lessons will help you a great deal. Best done with a professional who can give you feedback. But, there are some sites online that give free lessons on very basic things you must develop.

you rnight get better at it if you join the theatre club

Get a vocal coach - a voice teacher. People who self - teach instruments end up with bad techniques that are difficult to break and yes, the voice is an instrument. Only a good teacher can teach you the right things to do. It's a lot more complicated than people think.

Source(s): Trained musician from a major music school.