Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 11 months ago

What breed is my rabbit?

I have a beautiful 10 week old rabbit, I was told she is a netherland Dwarf but would like confirmation! Link below:

https://ibb.co/vQ8Fdc6

• *****
    Favorite Answer

That is not a Netherland Dwarf. The ears are proportionally too large, for one thing. It's likely a mixed breed.

• Gabe

A rabbit breed is a distinct variety created through natural selection or, more often, though selective breeding for specific characteristics, including size, fur (length, quality, or color), feed conversion ratio, climate adaptability, or temperament. Groups such as the American Rabbit Breeders Association (ARBA) and the British Rabbit Council (BRC) coordinate and standardize the desired qualities of their recognized breeds, through promotion and exhibition. Each rabbit breed is considered to benefit when a reputable breeder strives to emulate the purpose for the breed, often defined by the individual breed standard by which it may be judged. The global diversity of breeds reflects the breadth of the rabbit's unique qualities. Listed below are 191 of the world's modern-day rabbit breeds.