Anonymous

How does physical abuse affect you?

A girl I work with ex boyfriend has hit her , and she told me the week after but she's been smiling , laughing going out with friends as normal , I don't understand how can she be fine and laughing knowing this has happened to her I'm so confused I want to help but she keeps saying I trusted you and I'm fine and saying things like do I look like I'm depressed

She doesn't want your help...this is a co-worker...not a friend.

• She hasn't asked for help. Back off. If she wants your help she will ask for it or get help for her self. Just let her know you're there for her if she needs it. Check out battered women's syndrome.

She's trying to cover up what's going on by using what ever coping mechanisms she has.

It can affect u pho’s ally and mentally

This girl has learned from her experience and moved on. She will be careful and not get into such a relationship next time. She must be a positive and happy natured girl and able n9t t9 dwell on the negative.

• Stoo

So let it be then. She's got her own coping mechanisms and doesn't require your help at this point. Don't try to fix something that's not there. If she wants your help she'll let you know.

He’s an ex. And she is resilient. As people must be.