Kiu asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

Lemon plant questions?

I grow this lemon from seeds first time and it’s still so tiny, is it better to transfer to bigger pot yet?do I need to remove any leaves here to let it grow faster? The pot I’m using is about 4x6. Any advices would be great thanks so much !

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Commercial lemon trees are grown from grafts, not seeds. You are wasting your time if you think your tree will one day grow and produce. Buy a small tree from your local nursery if you want a tree.

• Texperson
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I'm not familiar with grafting so you'd have to do some You Tube viewing to find out. The problem with a tree from seed is that commercial lemons you buy in the store have been altered so their seeds don't produce fruit. You'd be best off buying an already grafted tree that will provide lemons.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It's look rather yellow. Is it getting enough light? Citrus need a lot of light. In the summer months, they should be put outside, even in cool climates.

If it is getting enough light, then you probably ought to feed it. Give it a balanced liquid feed, diluted according to the instructions, every two weeks.

• Ben
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Also, I would remove those bark chips if I were you. There are too many gaps between them to act as a good mulch, and woody matter actually robs the soil of nitrogen. If you want a mulch, use pea gravel , chopped straw, or compost.

• 5 months ago

Let your lemon tree become root bound before you transfer it. Transferring it now will only slow down its growth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.