Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 6 months ago

Is Los Angeles a good place to live or visit? Is it fun there?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Probably more fun to visit than to live here. Once you live in a place it becomes the basic grind of working, paying the bills, et al. When you're on vacation it's always more enjoyable.

Yes, LA has a lot of fun things to do for both tourists and residents. Lots of great shopping, some nice beaches, beautiful weather, some iconic areas such as Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica. Plus, consider its right next to Orange County which has even more - Disneyland, knotts berry farm, more beaches.

It is a good place to live. It’s more expensive than almost everywhere else in the United States, but I think it’s worth it.

yes los angeles is a very beautiful place to live and visit. there is very beautifull weather you diffinatly enjoy this place

Los Angeles is a very good place to visit. There are tons of things to see and do.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, and still live here.

I suppose it's a fun place to visit. There are a lot of things to do here. Especially if you have a good amount of money to spend.

Living here is a different story.

Although I have done well and have a nice career, I spent my youth with not a lot of money. Even though my parents had money, when I left home it became really tough to make ends meet until my career took off. So, if you come to Los Angeles without any specialized skills you're going to have a really hard time having any fun. You will simply be working to house and feed yourself, and not much else.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all doom and gloom, I had friends to do things with and have some really good memories with. However, if I hadn't been born here, I would not have done so well emotionally, because I wouldn't have had the support of my friends and family to keep me going.

Politically, this state is out of its mind. All the politicians do in this state is try to figure out ways to separate you from your money. They tax EVERYTHING here to death.

Great place to visit, lousy place to live unless you can afford Malibu, Bev Hills, etc. Extremely expensive, seriously deteriorating conditions in many, many areas. City, county & state govts are all insane, taxes ferocious, traffic is unspeakable (not unusual to commute 2-3 hrs each way for work).

• .

I've only been in the airport, except when I was a kid and don't remember LA much. My 22 year old son has been there a couple times and enjoyed the city. From what I know, the cost of living is pretty high. So only old people or rich people have decent homes.