At the age of 17- if I tell my dentist that I don’t want my dad to know about my treatment or my dental care, is that allowed ?

I know that my teeth are not in the best state. And I was wondering whether if I was to ask my dentist at my check up that they keep my treatment and dental records between just me and them, that they could agree to that? Because I’m 17 and I’ll be 18 by the time I have my actual fillings that need doing, would... show more I know that my teeth are not in the best state. And I was wondering whether if I was to ask my dentist at my check up that they keep my treatment and dental records between just me and them, that they could agree to that? Because I’m 17 and I’ll be 18 by the time I have my actual fillings that need doing, would that withstand and would they agree to not tell my dad about my results from the check up and what needs doing?