Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 8 months ago

Can a fetus be born with infection? Or blood infection like septic or sepsis?

I’m freaking out because my baby is measuring at 30 weeks and 3 and a half pounds so my doctor is sending me over to see a specialist next week she says babys parts are measuring equal and she doesn’t have any worries she thinks she’s going to be small like me.

Since a specialist does more in depth ultrasounds does it show if the baby is infected with infection or virus?

I’ve been having dental issues and now I worry if I have an infection it’s spread to my baby.

She’s super active and her heart is good and steady

yes 88899766544221234567890-qwertyuiop[]\

• Tavy

Dental infections CANNOT cross the placenta.

• Marc

Yes. A baby can certainly be infected by virus and bacteria while in the womb. There are some pathogens that can cross the placental barrier. Good news is that if caught early most of them can be treated. Good luck

anything is possible but i would try not to worry about it if its not happening

• Cammie

Glad you're going to the doctor. Tell them about your infection.