Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 5 months ago

Is my blood sugar too low?

I had a metabolic panel done for my routine bloodwork, and my blood glucose came back at 56. According to the range that is low, but is it normal to have low blood glucose free a meal? I have an autoimmune disease (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease) but I’m not diabetic. I had eaten breakfast about 1.5 to 2 hours before the bloodwork was drawn. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor, but Do you think it would be a good idea to monitor my blood sugar at home? I have been feeling extremely nauseated and had bad headaches lately. Just for background, i am 23 years old, female, 5’2, and 98 pounds.

Unless your dr tells you to monitor it, no

i would talk to your doctor about all this

• Mark

If it's that way all the time, then yes. Once my glucose got that low, and luckily I was going to a doctor's appointment, because I kind of staggered in and was babbling. They gave me some orange juice and I recovered nicely.

if your bg was that low I'd think you'd have been nauseous, sweating profusely, shaking and pretty incoherent--so my bg came back like that once and the dr asked if I'd had those symptoms and then he said it was probably a lab error. but just wait on your dr--and see what they say...