Navy reserve to AD Army; got DD368 Approved, now what?

I was AD Army 4 years 11B then joined Navy reserve Seabee BU 10 years total 14 years E5. I am married no kids. I own a house and have two cars. My AD Army recruiter told me bring all supporting documents. Will I be able pick different MOS? MEPS? When I move to my Duty station can I keep my house and address or do I need change my address? Etc?

2 Answers

  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    We don't know what you and the recruiters have discussed. What are you signing up for? Not clear at all.

    Your wife will not join you for boot camp, so she stays at the address you have. The same for your training school afterwards, if there is any. If you decide to sell your house and take base housing, it is up to you. If you do not get orders near your house, consider an estate agent to rent it out while you are gone. I did that before and it worked.

    • aaronLime144 months agoReport

      I picked 13M and don’t go bct, just AIT. I come in as E5.

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    As PS your options will be very limited. You can guarantee being stationed nowhere near where you own your house. Assume overseas, in fact.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.