What would be a better replacement amp for the yst sw012 subwoofer?

1 Answer

  • 7 months ago

    Don't replace the amplifier in a powered (active) subwoofer

    with anything other than the same exact model the manufacturer built in.*

    If you want a choice of amplifiers for a sub,

    you first need to get a passive model.

    * This advice is Particularly important in connection with Definitive Technology subs.

    Some of them have drivers with Very unusual impedances, such as 90 ohms.

    Yes --- NINETY ohms.

    Such units Must be repaired properly with original parts and Not modified in Any way.

    • bigdogg7 months agoReport

      What about if I find one with the exact same specifications as the original one ??

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.