Can’t breathe through nose?

***NOT HAYFEVER***

This happens for atleast a quarter of a year, two times a year, sometimes 3. I’m at a point where I just can’t continue using Sudafed nose sprays because they cause so much damage. My symptom is literally not being able to breathe through my nose. It’s like there is a balloon that has been inflated until a perfect seal is made above my nostrils. I can’t so much as function without Sudafed nose sprays which are causing damage due to them being urgent and short term cures. If I go to the doctor they don’t give out effective medicine and there is a 3 week plus waiting list. I really just want to find someone that knows what this is, and if they have it. Maybe then I can find a long term medication or procedure. It sounds so juvenile to be complaining of a blocked nose but I’m at breaking point. This is the longest I’ve had this blocked nose, 6 months. And if I don’t find something now I don’t know what I’m going to do. I sat GCSE exams in this state and I couldn’t take the spray in with me, I couldn’t concentrate and it definitely affected my overall performance.please, someone help me, I’m at breaking point.

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

Have you gone to your G.P? I had this problem once, and it turned out I had a deviated septum and needed a nose job.

• I’m going to do that. I have an appointment but as I said they are weeks away. Is there any “shortcut” to get there faster. How do I get them to inspect it? Many thanks

• k w

I had allergies too, I was miserable for years, OTC medications, and I was told it was likely milk, but I immediately denied it cuz I loved dairy and it just couldn't be....20yrs later, still miserable, I decided to give up milk for a year as a trial basis. In 30 days my allergies started to fade, and in 90 days they were gone. read ...........

[ notmilk.com/a.html ] it's the processing, not healthy, str8 from the cow is fine, but once processed at the store, avoid it......not healthy.....

try a neti pot, if it works you can do it daily, or even multiple times a day, without any ill effects since it is just water, or saline,

• Unfortunately they will not work. As I said there is a perfect seal in my nostrils not even air can squeeze through. Also Neti pots aren’t available in the uk. Thanks for trying though