Can’t breathe through nose?

***NOT HAYFEVER***

This happens for atleast a quarter of a year, two times a year, sometimes 3. I’m at a point where I just can’t continue using Sudafed nose sprays because they cause so much damage. My symptom is literally not being able to breathe through my nose. It’s like there is a balloon that has been inflated until a perfect seal is made above my nostrils. I can’t so much as function without Sudafed nose sprays which are causing damage due to them being urgent and short term cures. If I go to the doctor they don’t give out effective medicine and there is a 3 week plus waiting list. I really just want to find someone that knows what this is, and if they have it. Maybe then I can find a long term medication or procedure. It sounds so juvenile to be complaining of a blocked nose but I’m at breaking point. This is the longest I’ve had this blocked nose, 6 months. And if I don’t find something now I don’t know what I’m going to do. I sat GCSE exams in this state and I couldn’t take the spray in with me, I couldn’t concentrate and it definitely affected my overall performance.please, someone help me, I’m at breaking point.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Have you gone to your G.P? I had this problem once, and it turned out I had a deviated septum and needed a nose job.

• I’m going to do that. I have an appointment but as I said they are weeks away. Is there any “shortcut” to get there faster. How do I get them to inspect it? Many thanks

• Login to reply the answers
  • k w
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I had allergies too, I was miserable for years, OTC medications, and I was told it was likely milk, but I immediately denied it cuz I loved dairy and it just couldn't be....20yrs later, still miserable, I decided to give up milk for a year as a trial basis. In 30 days my allergies started to fade, and in 90 days they were gone. read ...........

[ notmilk.com/a.html ] it's the processing, not healthy, str8 from the cow is fine, but once processed at the store, avoid it......not healthy.....

• 6 months ago

try a neti pot, if it works you can do it daily, or even multiple times a day, without any ill effects since it is just water, or saline,

• Unfortunately they will not work. As I said there is a perfect seal in my nostrils not even air can squeeze through. Also Neti pots aren’t available in the uk. Thanks for trying though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.