Is it wrong to let young children use swear words?

I'm mainly asking this because I have NO issue with swearing whatsoever. I don't think swearing makes you a "bad" person or anything of the sort. I know certain people have an issue with swearing, and that's perfectly fine, I just won't curse around them. But I'll drop F-bombs... show more I'm mainly asking this because I have NO issue with swearing whatsoever. I don't think swearing makes you a "bad" person or anything of the sort. I know certain people have an issue with swearing, and that's perfectly fine, I just won't curse around them. But I'll drop F-bombs consistently as long as you're okay with it.

I'm planning on having children soon and I'm wondering what my "rule" will be when it comes to them using swear words. As of right now, I'm thinking about making it okay for them to curse at home, but teach them that it isn't okay to use words in a setting where they can get in trouble for it, like in school. I mean, I know for certain that there are 8-9 year old kids that curse when they are alone but don't do so around adults. Is it okay for a parent to let their children use curse words at home but tell them not to use those words in school? What's the worst that can happen because of this?