Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

Why do all my friends and and some family members think I'm trying to be like Bruce Lee, all because I want to learn wing chung kung Fu?

Back when I was 18 years old days to practice Wing Chun. But the school closed down and they relocated somewhere else.

Where I live Wing Chun is not available. All they have available is karate, judo, jujitsu, taekwondo, and MMA.

Those martial arts are good just like any martial art, but I never got a chance to finish wing Chun.

I started this program online called Virtual WingChung.Com It's helping me out and I'm doing very well at it.

Sometimes they'll see me practicing some of the moves, and they'll tell me, "hey, stop trying to be like Bruce Lee.

What should I do, how should I deal with my family?

Favorite Answer

Your over 18 aren't you? Be a man and do shyt on your own.

You do not need their permission or them to follow you anywhere.

• Alvin

Honestly, I'd ride that and scream out Bruce's famous battle cry just to annoy them. And then do Bruce Lee style moves just for fun.

"Hey, stop trying to be like Bruce Le--"

"WAAHHHH!!! "ATAAH!!" and keep going. Louder and louder haha!

If they tell you stop yelling like Bruce Lee, just say you weren't trying to be like Bruce, but they gave you the idea and you thought it would be fun so WAAHH!" And keep going.

The idea here is, they brought it up, it gets a response. They don't want that response, stop bringing it up.

Don't do anything. If the day ever comes (which I hope it doesn't) when you need to defend yourself or your family or friends they'll stop giving you crap.

Honestly I think it's harmless. They're just giving you a hard time.