How long does it take to complete a Toxicology report to determine 'cause of death'?

My uncle passed. We're trying to sort out his affairs. Unfortunately his death certificate lists 'deferred' as the cause of death. He passed away at Los Angeles County hospital. According to everyone we speak too..we cant figure anything out until the Medical examiner determines the cause of death. We... show more My uncle passed. We're trying to sort out his affairs. Unfortunately his death certificate lists 'deferred' as the cause of death. He passed away at Los Angeles County hospital. According to everyone we speak too..we cant figure anything out until the Medical examiner determines the cause of death. We have been told the Examiners office is waiting for the Toxicology reports. Its going on 4 months since he passed. Not sure what to do next. please help. I appreciate any information you can provide. thanks in advance.