Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 7 months ago

uk depositing cash / entered wrong amount?

So i had a cheque for £50 and £150 cash on its own so i done the cheque online. i went up to an atm for the £150 in cash and i stupidly thought i had £200 in cash. What i done in my head was add the cheque to the cash. so when the atm said how much cash did i deposit i said £200 not £150. what is gonna happen now? Will i have to go up and actually go in the bank and say what has happened

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Despite using the wrong currency, Casey Y is correct about most ATMs currently in use.

If you used an older ATM that still uses envelopes, when the envelopes are reconciled, the deposit will be adjusted to the amount actually in the envelope.

• Login to reply the answers
  • martin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Just call the bank and tell them you punched in the wrong amount, and your deposit was really 150. It will save them sending out a form or whatever they do.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

The machine should have actually scanned the money being deposited and they will correct. You'll get a note about making sure you use the correct dollar amounts when depositing cash to avoid any discrepancies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.