D g
D g asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How do you deal with an incompetant person who meddles in personal issues because shes so simple minded?

This person fabricates a story that is patently false only to back up her not doing something, my experience with these type of people is that they are UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Favorite Answer

You recognize the problem, this person is a narcissist and you’re trying to figure out a way to cope with their childish “me me me” behavior and fabricating stories they tell you. They have small minds that can’t comprehend important things. They are a thousand percent untrustworthy, they are pathological liars. So there’s really nothing to do to change how they treat you but you can daydream or leave. You can’t let their behavior trigger you, think of something funny and laugh deep inside. If you live with the person than I know what it feels like to feel like you have nobody to talk to who could possibly understand what you’re going through because they’ve never been in that situation. I was practically dead when I found a stranger to talk to who understood and it felt good to finally have someone to talk to who’s not manipulative and makes you think your crazy.

• D g

I do not live with this person but yes they are pathological

dont entertain ppl like this cut off all contact

Keep doing the work that must be done despite her. Talk with a more reasonable supervisor above the person who is refusing to order what is needed for the job (example) "I am not a supervisor, but if I do not have these supplies, I cannot create cakes for the case or fill orders; is it possible you could order the things?" Most managers will say YOU can order the things. And if you're ready to step up, you do that. Eventually the incompetence will be too much for them and whoever they are allowing to "fill in" for her. I hate to talk that way, but if you're not the manager or owner, you can't really do much about working with incompetent people except do your job no matter what they complain to you once you've made sure you can do your job despite them!

don't argue with her ...................

Tell her she's intruding when she does this stuff. This is one way to set a personal boundary

I understand where you are coming, and I'm very sorry about that.

Idk how these people get hired, if they know someone in the company or human resources so it's hard to advise, but I'd complain about her (not in her face) but to a superior (behind her back), or an external body whom you know she has no influence on.

I am fully aware that there are situations in which incompetent people exist.

I wouldn't complain with your girlfriend/boyfriend as these people turn into stalkers and can cause a whole lot of trouble.

• Dv8s

By not investing in their b.s. Don't argue, or try to correct them, this makes them look like they got under your skin, and gives them a certain credibility. Just ignore her, and don't show any type of concern.

• Dv8s

It doesn't matter as long as the person that they are lying about doesn't react to their lies. By not reacting it reveals the truth, and the liar is the only one, looking like a fool.

Zome of theze people can be `zrategically ` incompetent

not zo much that they mizz good mealz,or their paycheckz

or travelling .

They are not incompetent during paid work!

Dizcreetly phaze yourzelf off their very acute radar.

• D g

No this person is INCOMPETENT

you have a crush on lisa malmstrom