Acting Class - What to think about how the teacher treats you in class?

Specifically, I'm in an acting class (Meisner Technique course) and everything has gone well until we got to the scenes. I was a assigned a partner who is not emotionally connected. He's from another country so English isn't his first language. Every line is a struggle and it is as if he doesn't... show more Specifically, I'm in an acting class (Meisner Technique course) and everything has gone well until we got to the scenes. I was a assigned a partner who is not emotionally connected. He's from another country so English isn't his first language. Every line is a struggle and it is as if he doesn't really know/understand what he is saying or me. He's not really listening.

Anyway, the point is, we were partnered together. The last 3 classes since getting paired we have gone last. There are 8 pairs and we always go last. Not to mention, we sit through the 3 hour class just watching for 2.9 hours and then get up there for 5 minutes and the teacher barely gives anything (critique, guidance, point of view walk through etc.). Whereas, other pairs are given 15-20 minutes to perform, get critiqued, talked through the scene/point of view of the characters etc. It's as if the teacher is just brushing us off.

It's hard for me to not get emotional because I don't understand why we're being treated this way. Is it because we're horrible? (totally possible, but hey, that's why we're taking the class - to improve!) I'm not sure what to think. My partner thinks it's fine and that the teacher actually likes us and keeps making us go last for a reason. I'm pessimistic though haha. If anyone has some idea/perspective on this, please voice it! Much appreciated.