Is bisexuality "real" ?

I'm confused because I've been thinking a lot recently about my sexuality. I've come to the conclusion that I'm bisexual, but I've seen tons of people saying this isn't valid, that bisexuality isn't "real" and that is just for heterosexual wanting to be special or homosexual that don't accept their sexual orientation fully.

Can anyone help me on this topic? Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

It's a real thing. Some are inhibited from responding to their own gender, some are inhibited from responding to the opposite gender. Some are not fitted with that particular inhibition, one way or the other.

Actually, MOST of us (probably) are not fitted with that particular inhibition. But just because you CAN have sex with both (your body will actually respond to both) doesn't mean you will ever experience the desire to do so or - if you DO sometimes feel that desire - that you will ever act on it. The majority of us end up sticking with one gender or the other - leading some to theorize that there's no such thing as bisexuality. But it certainly DOES exist and is probably far more common than most of us think.

• iammclane

It's become a thing to deny that bisexuality exists because one resents the fact that an acquaintance is enjoying sex with both boys and girls, and that seems unfair. So, it's then charged that there is no such thing as bisexuality and the acquaintance is just a tramp. (Which makes no sense.)

Well my partner and I are real bisexuals.

Sorry but I personally dont believe in bisexuality, I think they are either greedy, confused or bicurious and want to experiment both ways. No such thing as bisexual, you are either heterosexual or homosexual, you either love men or women, not both. Most bi men are gay usually and most bi women are straight usually so there you go, no such thing as a true bisexual. Call me ignorant I dont care but I just dont believe in real bisexuality, most people dont trust bisexuals to date them, they are more likely to cheat and be promiscious, most of them are wh0res who want trio.

• Yes, and anyone who says otherwise is biphobic. Period.

• LilMeow6 months agoReport

Nice sdkskdk

Bisexual does exist as a thing- however it is a pathological thing borne out of either 1. a need to convince ones self that they are not homosexual. or 2. What is more accurately described as a gender fetish.

Not only is it real, but it may describe the majority.

• LilMeow6 months agoReport

Yep that is what I understood from the previous answers

Yes.

The Kinsey Scare is a very interesting example of this.

Sexuality is a lot more fluid then we know.

Some heterosexual people are attracted to the same sex and vice versa. (meaning some homosexual people are attracted to the opposite sex.)

Bisexuals are in the middle of the sexuality scale or the kinsey scale.

So lets say the sides of the kinsey scale are the American schools grading system.

Not everyone is an A+ student and not everyone is a F- student. Most people are average students. So to compare sexuality to grading. Its much more rare to find a person who is strictly gay or strictly straight.

• Cogito

Yes - of course it is. Hundreds of thousands of people, male and female, find that they can be sexually attracted to males and females. Not necessarily all the time, and not usually at the same time. They may go months or even years without finding one gender attractive, or they can feel like this all the time.

To bounce off the other comment, you dont have to be equally attracted to boys and girls to be bi you just have to be attracted to both. Bisexuality is totally valid and the ppl who say it's not tend to be a small minority of the LGBTQ community (and by small I mean SMALL), the rest are probably uneducated straights or anti gay trolls most likely. I'm bi and out for like 6 years and I've never ever had a comment directed my way negative about bisexuality.

So yea welcome to the club. Sexuality is fluid and it's okay not to know, but if you do know dont be afraid to find comfort in the labels, if your sexuality or your understanding of yourself develops and your sexuality changes, that's cool too. Theres 10000s of bi ppl out there, I believe they are the largest demographic between l g b and t so thats cool.

Nope! Probably just something they made up to sell more porn.

• God

Some people are either totally gay or totally straight. Many people are somewhere in-between. Those people, the ones that are equally attracted to males and females, are what we call bisexual.