Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

what would Christians say if atheists ask if God is Not author of confusion then why so much people confused about what bible mean?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Confusion over what the Bible teaches originates from poor Bible translations, or even intentionally distorted translations. More often, though, confusion results from a lack of serious study among believers and the false preachers, teachers, and writers (2 Corinthians 11:12-13) who are found on radio, television, and the Internet. These false prophets take even proper translations and, through both ignorance and design, twist and distort the Word of God to promote their own agenda or appeal to the thinking of the world. Instead of lazy Bible study and relying on others to teach us the Word of God, we should study God’s Word diligently and rely on the Holy Spirit. He will open the heart to God’s truth concerning Himself and His creation, prayer, worship, Christian love, our battle with Satan, personal conduct, church conduct, and achieving a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Most deadly, confusion is rampant regarding the truth of the gospel. While Scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is the only way, the only truth and the only life (John 14:6; Acts 4:12), today many who call themselves evangelical Christians believe that heaven can be gained by other ways and other religions. But in spite of apparent confusion, the sheep will still hear the voice of the Shepherd and will follow only Him (John 10:27). Those who do not belong to the Shepherd “will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear” (2 Timothy 4:3). God has given us His Spirit and the command to preach biblical truth with humility and patience, in and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2), and to study to show ourselves approved, workers who correctly handle the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15) until the Lord Jesus returns and puts an end to all confusion.

• 5 months ago

God doesn't create confusion. All his works harmonize together. The bible is surprisingly simple to understand. There are gross misrepresentations about what the bibles says by many who haven't either read it, fully understood it, or have been taught human traditions. People like to be told things they already believe or are pleasing to hear. This leads to the confusion. It's all man's fault.

• 5 months ago

It isn't God who mangled the books in the Bible, dear one. Satan spurred that on. God has sent living apostles and prophets in our days to set things straight. Look for a church that has the necessary foundation of apostles and prophets.

• 5 months ago

Without the Holy Spirit, of course the Word of God is confusing -- nonsense, BS, gobbledygook, mythical, untrue, silly, infantile, or unbelievable. Take your pick.

Once you believe, are baptized, and receive the Holy Spirit, the Holy Word of God starts to become more and more intelligible, justifiable, or practicable day by day for the rest of your life. Until finally it's as clear as a button-hook in the well water. And, you start to recognize all things as being in compliance with the will of God or not in compliance with the will of God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If that is really true then the "problem" must be with those individuals, Romans 11:33-36. Compare Ephesians 3:4, 2 Corinthians 1:13.

• 5 months ago

Matter of interpretation... the Spiritual truths remain, regardless.

• 5 months ago

Stephen Hawkins was not an author of confusion. Most of what it wrote is very clear and easy to understand. And yet you find people who have all kinds of weird ideas about black holes and other that Hawkins wrote about.

He is not responsible for people who refuse to take the time and effort to come to understand what he wrote. Or for those who want to twist science principles and make them into weird ideas like killing yourself so you can hitch a ride on a passing comet and think that evolution and genetics supports being racist.

I took four years of advance calculus in college. I will openly admit that much of it confused me until I invested the time and effort to come to understand it. And then I probably did not get it all correct as I only got high Bs in a couple of the classes.

But that is not proof that calculus is false. Or that the people who discovered it were "authoring confusion". It just means that people have never come to where they understand it.

The Bible does say that God is not the author of confusion. But in the context Paul was not talking about doctrinal beliefs or theological ideas. He was talking about people who ere disrupting church services, speaking when they were not supposed to, asking questions, and trying to preach in languages that the congregation did not understand. None of that has anything to do with "confusion about what the Bible mean(s)".

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Frickin enough ''translation done it answers .

Skydaddy confused Em good at Babel YEAH

• 5 months ago

Because the Bible is a book written by different men, consisting of different books, over several thousand years. God did not write the Bible. So he is not the author of confusion. Jesus started ONE Church so that there would be no confusion. Men started the other churches.

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The bible predicted confusion. Only they who are one with the Spirit can gain understanding.

John 3:11-12 “Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?”

• 5 months ago

99.9% of the time, it's not so much confusion as each person trying to make the Bible say what they want it to mean.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.