Kayla asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Should I go to the ER or go to be admitted?

I’m going to the OBGYN for the first time on Monday. I think I have fibroids and PCOS. My periods have always been long lasting, sometimes for months. Right now I’m on day 15. Lately my pain’s been worse, I’m passing bigger clots, and I’m often dizzy or have a headache. Should I go to the hospital now or wait? If I tell my OBGYN do you think I’ll be admitted?

Forget the ER! You need to go to the Intensive Care Unit!!!

Don't wait go to hospital immediately, they will do needful them selves

it would be a great idea to see a doctor at a local clinic (GP or Family Doctor) for the symptoms of anaemia..

the main concern in your question is the part about the headaches and dizziness which could be related to the large amount of blood loss of which it is bad enough could cause fainting spells, chest pain, chest tightness, difficulty in breathing and at extreme cases, cardiac arrest (heart attack)..

you do NOT want to faint while crossing the street or riding a bike..

due to excess blood loss, you may have low blood pressure, anaemia or both; and either two can cause cardiac arrest on its own if it was severe enough.. and yes, admission is very much expected if you have extreme low blood pressure, severe anaemia or both..

i cannot tell you in a good conscious to wait until your Monday appointment with your OBGYN doctor - it feels a lil bit to far to sit around and do nothing.. but at the same time, i do not want to look foolish or to sound like an alarmist, to advise you to go to the emergency department (the ER or the A&E) without knowing more..

but i will tell you this..

if you were my daughter, i would prefer to look foolish and take you to the ER immediately, than to be sorry and have you fainting somewhere with no help near by..

go to the ER.. and tell them about the dizziness and the headaches.. this would 100% trigger them to investigate your blood pressure and your haemoglobin level (how far the anaemia is at)..

all the best..

• Pippin

If you are soaking more than one pad per hour, that's a medical emergency and requires the ER. Otherwise, see your regular gyn. It's hard to imagine why they would admit you for this, but until you see the doctor, nobody here can really say.

I don't think you'll be admitted.

Even if they choose to do a laparoscopy it'll be a day case.

It's not an emergency.

Wait and see the obgyn but they will make arrangements for an ultrasound to see if there is anything wrong but more likely to put you on birth control to control your periods