How to protect my PC pipes from birds?

I’ll be brief. I have a brand-new AC, I live on the top floor and the outer is on the roof. But pigeons and crows are taking the insulation foams of the connecting pipes away for their nests. It has become like a funnel and as it is monsoon when the rain starts, rainwater floods the inner unit which overflows into the room.

Any affordable creative idea to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Write as quick as possible, this is serious - So please no jokes - please.

How to protect my AC pipes from birds?

• elhigh
    Favorite Answer

Remove the damaged insulation and replace it with new. Then completely wrap the whole length of insulated pipe with aluminum foil tape. It is very shiny and won't look like something they want to take away.

Refill the missing insulation sections with spray foam. Buy some hardware wire (this is wire that has a 1/4" grid), wrap the wire around the effected areas of pipe and tape the ends down with duct tape or wrap and tighten with rope or wire, whichever works for the application area.

• DEBS

Wrap the insulation in duct tape.

Put wire around areas where tape won't stay easily.

• Edwena

Cover the foam in electrical tape. The get some air conditioning tape and wrap it around the pipe backwards , i.e. sticky side out. The bird will land on the sticky surface and get trapped. After a few birds, the word will get around and they will leave it alone.

First of all you're going to need to replace the foam insulation and then you're going to need to put the bird guard sheathing over it which is a heavy duty metal screen which protects the pipe and the insulation that's under it they actually make this stuff.

I think you need to get the ppl who put it in to come back and fix it and make it so nothing can get to it

Hang an old CD disc in the near vicinity. Birds don't like the reflective "light".

Peace.