Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

To all you MAGAs: which period of American history was so great that you want it back?

• Jon

I enjoyed the 1970's.....my income Zoomed.

By '78 I was earning the equivalent of $1,600.oo per week, today.

Being single with no bills to speak of, I was in Fat City,

having just paid off my car loan in 3 years.

Anytime before you were born and learned to speak.

All of it added up to me being able to live the wonderful life I have now. So That's my answer. All of it.

It seems to me like they want to bring back the 1970s. Coal was king, little to no environmental regulation, trade surpluses. It's Trumpian utopia.

• Pat

“Make America Great Again” is the slogan of the old white “Christian” men that comprise the bulk of the Republican Party. They are angry that society will no longer allow them to dominate women and minorities the way men used to in the ‘20s, and ‘30s, and ‘40s. That's why the more cruelty Trump shows to women and minorities, and the more he cozies up to dictators, the more Republicans love him.

There are three things that determined why people voted for Trump:

1. You were already Republican so you’d vote for any Republican.

2. You want lower taxes because you’re affluent.

3. Or, you have demographic panic and resentment toward women and non-whites.

That is what elected Trump. Trump didn't brainwash them. He just told them what they wanted to hear. That is what explains the Republican War on Women and their War on Immigrants, homosexuals and transgenders, and people of color. It also explains the behavior of the righties right here on this board. Trump is a symptom, not a cause.

.