Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

How soon after getting a tooth pulled can I go back to a completely normal diet?

I had a tooth extraction on July 11th (so it's been 5 days since the extraction) and I've been avoiding eating anything other than things like pudding, bananas and applesauce. How soon can I go back to eating other things? Like sandwhiches, triscuits, junk food ect.?

• Tavy

Now, just don't bite down hard on the gums until they stop feeling sore.

surely your doctor told you how long to eat mushy stuff?

Call your dentist.

We don't know how extensive the extraction was..did it involve surgery or just got a tooth yanked out...

you need to call your dentist.

• Ayzizi6 months agoReport

The tooth was just yanked out.
      The instructions they gave me didn t include anything on how long to stay on a mushy diet.

• Pat

Look in the mirror and see how well it's healing. If it's closed over and not very sore anymore, you can start eating more normal food. Sandwiches, yes. Triscuits could stab you in the gums there. Skip the junk food and give your body some good proper nourishment with plenty of vegetables and some fruit in your diet every day.

I think only a day or so, though I'm not 100% sure.. But you could call the dentist's office and ask.

The dentist didn’t tell you? Once you have a tooth extracted, your diet for the remainder of your natural life is pudding, bananas, and applesauce. Sorry.

Anytime I got 4 teeth pulled and partial dentures put in and went home and had a sandwich with no problems