Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

My friend’s mother died. Should I tell one of his JHS classmates who he dated?

I still keep in touch with her, but my friend doesn’t make much effort, as he tends to not reply back when she texts him. Please excuse how insensitive I may sound, but... I think it may be because she’s VERY unattractive. On top of that, even though he’s married, she has expressed her feelings by reading a poem she wrote about a past love: him. Please don’t get it twisted, because poetry is a hobby for her, so she’s not a home wrecker, but simply just doesn’t understand that stroking his ego is his wife’s job, not hers. Anyway, I think my friend feels bothered by her. So even though I’m certain he may not want her at his mom’s funeral (besides the fact that it would be awkward even though his wife probably doesn’t know about her), I feel like I’m betraying her (his JHS classmate) by not telling her, since we still keep in touch and friends tell each other everything. Should I just let him eventually tell her?

• Alan H

It is not up to you. Just be supportive

• Eva

You don't need to tell her and should stay out of it. Her behavior is a bit stalker-ish and you don't need to fuel that.

• Kelly

No.

It's not your story to tell and none of your business.