Am I wrong to dump him?

It's gotten to a point where it seems like once a week my boyfriend and I are arguing over him ignoring my text. For some reason on random days he'll choose not to respond to my text or return my calls for up to 8 hours. I have expressed my displeasure with this multiple times and all he can say is that... show more It's gotten to a point where it seems like once a week my boyfriend and I are arguing over him ignoring my text. For some reason on random days he'll choose not to respond to my text or return my calls for up to 8 hours. I have expressed my displeasure with this multiple times and all he can say is that he's not glued to his phone.
We were suppose to have a date yesterday. I text him yesterday morning around 10 to ask if he could meet me around 6. He didn't respond. I called him on my lunch break and got no answer. By the time I got home around 5:30 he finally answered saying he'd been laying down all day because he was sick with acid reflux. I have acid reflux and I know it's not severe enough to have you incapacitated for a whole day. I told him that I can no longer have these conversations with him about his selfishness and how he could've responded to the text to tell him he was sick. He just claimed it was in another room but then he tells me he called his mom, the doctor and went to the store earlier. Then why was I ignored? Was it wrong to break up? He claims I'm overreacting but I told him he makes me feel like I'm not important to him.